Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Life in FAST Forward!

Where has the time gone? Is it really July (I don't even honestly know!) mid somewhere? It's hard to stand back and breathe most days. But I do take the time (seconds at the most) to cherish this wonderful time in my life and this stage of life within my family.

Isaac is talking a blue streak. Mom warned me of this when I worried out loud that he wasn't saying many words. I believe I made that comment back in November or December sometime. She just calmly responded that she thought he was doing fine, and that one day I'd be complaining about him talking too much. Boy, did she see that one coming!! His favorite word is "double-decker bus" - I know, don't ask.

Evan is growing so fast . . . I do remember that he was so scary small and wanting him to grow quickly. I knew I'd regret such a thought, but when you're the parent and the responsibility for such a small one is on your shoulders, it tends to be ENORMOUSLY stressful (to a control-challenged person such as myself) and not so endearing. He was a whopping 11 pounds 4 ounces at his 4 month check up. I guarantee he has gained a pound or more in past two weeks! Evan's favorite thing or things right now are his fists! He is delighted to no end that God graciously gave him two. When he finds them he lets out some of the most joyous squeals in Praise! That has left Mom and Dad to contemplate possibly having a second thumb sucker on their hands. Some nights, it doesn't seem like such a bad option - cause the pacifier doesn't know how to put itself back in his mouth, for the hundredth time, the way a thumb does.



Evan enjoying cereal for the first time. . . well, more the "feel" of it versus the "taste."

Camping with April's family. . . Ryan and Anya, Neil and Amelia, Stephen and Aileen, Glenn and Debbie with visitors Mariann Martin and Grandma and Pappy Dietle up at the Gap (Cowan's Gap State Park).
Evan chilling with Aunt Anya at our campsite.
Evan and Eric had a special father son bonding moment. So fun to watch!


Isaac thought he was funny stuff with a bucket on his head marching around the house with his prized posession "Elmo!"


Swinging at the park. Isaac's favorite request right now (besides: "Mama hat, too!" - I'm to wear Eric's Nationals hat, too.) is "Swings?"
Isaac in his wading pool. . . Eric is squirting him with one of his bath toys. The tent in the background is from our "trial run" camping experience at our house. So glad we did, because Evan and I were not prepared for a night out in the cold and could run for the house. A weekend later we were better prepared for our family camping trip at the Gap.
Isaac and his horse "Blaze" - thank you, thank you Aunt Anya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment